There are a lot of different ways that you can approach social media. You can either look at it from the perspective of an individual that is social, or you can treat it like a business. There are those that try to blur the two, but honestly, you should focus on just one thing at a time. Using social media is a good thing, but how do you leverage elements the right way? The following is going to help you understand social media for business promotion. There are a few things you need to consider before you can conquer this area.
Setting Up your Profile
If you’re serious about learning how to use social media to promote your small business, then start here. Set up your profile with care. You need to have a profile that completely defines what you want out of your page. What are you trying to promote? Are you trying to sell things to people, or are you trying to befriend people? What is it that you are trying to convey? The more information that you provide in your profile, the better the chances are that you will succeed. Do not leave out information from your profile, and don’t just put up a random image for your profile. Use every piece to your advantage.
Start Posting General Content
Do not start off your page by posting things about your site. Instead, start posting general information. Post up articles that you like, videos that you see, and just create an inviting atmosphere. The more you do this, the better the chances are that you will see people interested in what you’re doing. Your goal is not to post about your business until you have an adequately sized audience to post to. Do not spam. If you just post your link, you will not grow your audience in time. Keep that in mind as you look at building your social media presence.
When starting a business profile, you are going to need to befriend others. Look for mutual interests. Take your time building these and you will see a huge jump. Befriending others is the key to your success in regards to making social media work for you. Small business cannot thrive without befriending others and creating an audience through your social connections. Once you build a large audience, then you can start to experiment with linking your projects.
The last thing that you should remember within the confines of promoting small business through social media is to update daily. You want to update at least a few times a day, and you want to make it “non” sales related. Post interesting topics, ideas, news, videos, and more. Try to update people on things that you are interested in, as well as what others may like. The friendlier you are, the better the chances are that you will be able to convert visitors into customers over time. Just remember, post daily, and don’t spam.
Related articles across the web
PPC, PPV, CPV, CPA and PPA are various advertising means used in online marketing. They are used to drive traffic websites, landing pages or any online platform that could be used for business purposes.
Before we go into the differences, it is a good idea to know their definitions. Knowing what they mean and their characteristics will clearly point out major differences among them. Here are the abbreviations in full:
PPC – Pay per Click
PPV – Pay per View
CPV – Cost per View
CPA – Cost per Action
PPA – Pay per Action
By plainly looking at the abbreviations, I bet any layman would distinguish between them. Anyway, let’s get going.
PPC – Pay per Click
1. This is a way of advertising in which ads placed on websites or various online platforms are only charged when someone clicks on the ad.
2. If someone views the ad but does not click, there is no charge imposed
3. It is a good way of driving targeted traffic to a website and highly recommended in online ads.
4. Its prices range from as low as $0.01 per click to as high as $14.00 per click. This depends on various factors: competition, amount of traffic the ad would probably attract, among others.
5. One therefore needs to be careful in using this ad since it can easily drain your account overnight.
6. If you were to use it, I would recommend you use it to drive traffic to squeeze pages to collect emails for e-mail marketing.
7. Examples of these ads are the ads seen on”ads by Google” on various websites.
PPV – Pay per View & CPV – Cost per View
8. Both PPV and CPV mean the same thing; it is the amount one would be charged for any view to an ad regardless of any click made on it or not.
9. It is normally charged in groups of views, e.g. $0.30 per 1000 views and so on.
10. It would therefore prove to be quite cheap and effective if you were to get targeted traffic from it.
11. It can however be very expensive if your ad would have many views but less action.
12. Such ads there need to be very catchy and attract the required action in order to derive value from it.
13. A Facebook ad provides a good example of both PPC and PPV ads. I would recommend you take a look to see the difference.
CPA – Cost per Action and PPA – Pay Per Action
14. Both CPA and PPA mean the same thing. It is the amount charged or paid for every intended action done successfully. For instance joining an online program, filling a form, etc.
15. I find it similar to affiliate marketing only that the later is broader compared to CPA. Secondly, CPA targets long-term business relationships while affiliate marketing might not.
16. PPA is very costly compared to the others in this article but attracts great business value wherever it is involved.
17. In this type of ad, an action must be completed as required in order to be charged or paid.
Related articles across the web
Internet Marketing Tips That Are Proven To Work
Some people shy away from internet marketing because they don’t feel as if they have a product idea good enough to make it in business. Well, as you will eventually find out, it’s not always about the product. There are many ways you can make good money from internet marketing, and we’ll go over a few in this article.
To further promote your online business, start a blog. Your blog will help to get your name out there. Blogs are very popular. And if you have one, others will want to read about your website and see what you have to offer. You have nothing to lose by starting a blog, but much to gain.
To help you learn more about internet marketing, gain an understanding of the advertising policies of the major search engines and social networking sites. This will give you an idea of how to implement your internet marketing ideas in a way that fits within the framework of the relevant website or search engine.
Consider creating a how-to ebook for the products you sell on your website. You can include assembly instructions, maintenance & care, and even alternative uses which you’ve found useful. Sell it for $1.99 and you’ll find that many people add it to their cart when you offer it to them on the page after the original purchase.
When marketing your site, try to avoid looking at the ranking of your pages for at least the first few months. Checking on your progress may cause you to become discouraged. Results do not happen immediately, and seeing slow progress might cause you to throw in the towel. Just keep your head down, work hard, and then check in.
An important tip regarding internet marketing is to provide inserts in products shipped out to customers that invite them back to your site. This is important because it is free advertising that will assist to bring you repeat customers. You may even wish to add discounts to the literature, as well.
Rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach, create and utilize a variety of banner ads that are distinctive from one another. You might also consider a rotating banner, which is a tool that periodically cycles through a series of different banners. This is a good option for ad space on your own website or ads placed on others’ sites.
If you are going to use a video or a picture on your website, make sure you tag it properly. People using Google Images or a similar search engine will find your picture and end up on your website if they click on it. It works the same way with videos.
Ask questions of your customers in your ad copy. These should be questions that can be answered with “yes” or “no”, and make them really think about how much better off they’ll be if they purchase your product. This can also be accomplished by letting them know how much worse off they will be if they decide not to purchase your product. They need to believe that what you have to offer will benefit them greatly.
Internet marketing – make sure that your links work! Nothing is more frustrating to website visitors than broken links! Not only will broken links frustrate your clients, but they will also keep them from revisiting your site. Take the extra time to ensure that your site is operating like a well-oiled machine at all times, and make everyone happy!
Customers like numbers. Be as specific as you can when telling a consumer how well a product performed for others, such as saying “97% of people were completely satisfied.” Don’t lie. Using statistics can satisfy a customer’s concerns for product ratings, and greatly increase your sales, if you use them correctly.
If you don’t have a great deal of knowledge about the internet or marketing you should be sure to first invest in your knowledge. This includes taking courses about internet languages and web design. If you are unable to attend a formal course you can teach yourself by practicing at home.
Whether you’re selling your own product, someone else’s, or are simply driving traffic to your blogs, internet marketing can be extremely lucrative if you follow these steps and work hard to market your brand to your respective niche. Remember, that information plays an important role in your success and that the most successful businesses out there, took years to build.
Related articles across the web
Improve Sales On Your Website
If you’re an online marketer then you know that one of the most important parts of your business is the audience. Getting traffic is one thing, keeping customers on your site long enough to read through your sales pitch is another. Here are some ways that you can improve sales on your website by improving your customers experience.
Share your personal knowledge in your sales message
Nobody wants to be sold to by a stranger, but many people will buy what their friends recommend to them. If you can convince your audience that you are someone who has their best interest at heart, they may be convinced to buy your products. Try to write copy that speaks as an individual to an individual in your sales message. Imagine you are telling your best friend about a product over coffee.
Publish honest testimonials and comments from your customers
Include both good and bad; that way prospects will know that the testimonials are real. When your customer sees honesty and feel they have all the information they need, they can buy with more confidence as you have shown yourself trustworthy.
Use visual aids to show the quality and use of your product
Use before and after pictures, walk them through a project with a series of “progress so far” pics, do a video review etc. If you can capture them visually, they are more likely to read through your sales pitch.
Offer a quality bonus to accompany the product
An offer of a complimentary incentive to your product may be just the thing to convince them that it’s a deal too good to pass up. Be sure to state the value of your bonus so that people will be even more compelled to get it while it’s hot.
Ask for the sale!
Many people entice customers with the benefits of their product, sell to them with stories of how it has solved problems, even offered awesome bonuses but forget that all important call to action. Give clear instruction on how to buy your product (e.g. “click the button to buy now!”).
Related articles across the web
Affiliate Marketing: A Cost Effective Way to Advertise your Business
Affiliate Marketing is a form of Internet advertising that rewards affiliates for driving customers/traffic to the advertiser’s web site or sales page. The advertiser pays the affiliate to place a link on their website, and the affiliate sends traffic to the advertiser in return. Simply put, it’s about paying commissions to people who help you make sales. Sounds easy, right? Not so much.
Affiliate marketing has its ups and downs. It could be draining if you are not armed with updated information and technical knowledge.
Here are some reasons affiliate marketing can be a good form of Internet advertisement for you.
- Low cost
Many are scared to go on a home based business because of the capital required. In affiliate marketing, you don’t have to spend much up front to start a business.
- No Inventory
Product management can be stressful, time consuming and expensive. With affiliate marketing the affiliate carries no merchandise but sends traffic to those who do.
- Unlimited income
When you have a regular job, your monthly income relies on whether you go to work or not. With affiliate marketing, your affiliates could all just lead traffic to your site without having to lift a finger by linking to you through ad copy, links or banner ads. Though earning isn’t limitless, it’s possible to be successful both as an advertiser and an affiliate.
With affiliate marketing, you’re dealing with a global market. All you have to do is choose a niche product and prepare all the necessary tools for your affiliates to lead traffic from just about anywhere in the world to your website.
- Low risk
The main reason for enthusiasm with affiliate marketing is it has a low risk factor. For those with a budget set aside for advertising, affiliate marketing is low risk with great possible reward.
- No closing time
With affiliate marketing, your business works every minute of the day while targeting a worldwide market! What could be better than that?
Remember, have the right niche product, get the right affiliates, have an organized and well-SEO-ed website and the benefits of affiliate marketing can be yours.
Related articles across the web
The Importance of a Great Sales Page for Selling Online
- The truth is, everyone is looking for something. Whatever they want or need can be found just about anywhere. Across the street, on the other side of town or on a thousand websites very similar to yours. What sets yours apart? A really great sales page can help with that, whether it be a webpage, an informative blog post or a detailed review.
- No matter how good your product is, you can’t sell even one copy of it with a weak sales page. It’s vital to have a compelling sales page that will catch the buyer’s attention and let them see clearly the benefits of buying from you rather than your competition.
- First you need to catch the attention of the buyer by empathizing with the reader’s needs and desires. A catchy headline is good but if the content you offer isn’t valid the customer will move on fast. The Internet is like a very busy freeway and everyone’s in a rush. A strong headline in big, bold letters will stop your target audience dead in their tracks to read through your sales page, so what you offer must be as good.
- Once you’ve gained your customer’s attention, spend the first few paragraphs on telling your story – how you have gone through what your reader probably has, the truth of the whole experience, etc. Once you get your reader thinking “he’s one of us”, you’ll be perceived as an understanding and empathetic individual offering a solution and not an anonymous marketer looking to only make a sale.
- Next, elaborate on the benefits of the product you are selling. Detail them all on a piece of scrap paper until you have a good sized list; then write your sales page from there. In your sales page, bullet point each benefit of your product then elaborate on each. Be sure to point out how your product helps the reader instead of pointing out the features of the product. For example, instead of saying “this ____ does this” say “this ____ can help with ____”. Make it relevant to the reader.
- Next, write a paragraph or two on how the reader’s life could be changed if the problem he is facing can be solved with your product. It’s important to be very descriptive so that the reader can imagine the outcome more easily.
- Last is the call for action. Your final objective is to make your readers buy your product, so it is important to make a final, strong call for action, be it “click the Buy button now!”, “Get it Now!” and so on. Don’t forget this important step, after all your customer took the time to read your sales page, now it’s time to show them how to get what they want.
Related articles across the web
Utilizing Social Media to Earn Cash Online
Do you want to make money using social media? Social media is making a great wave in the current era. Almost everybody is using social media today to connect with friends and family and to get the latest gossip. Fortunately, social media has turned into a money-making avenue for so many internet marketers that it is possible to make a full time monthly income utilizing social media.
There are a number of ways you can make money with social media. The major social media sites have helped thousands of people to turn their passion and time into a profitable business. Site like Facebook even allow you to integrate an ecommerce shop and make money using the power of social networking.
Social media gives you an opportunity to promote your product and drive traffic to your site so that you can create more awareness, bring in new customers and increase your conversion.
Do you want to join these groups of people making money with social media? This article will show you 10 ways people like you are making profitable income utilizing social media.
1. Engage Customers With Your Product on Pinterest
Pinterest is the worlds most popular photo sharing site. Your business can benefit a lot by using Pinterest pins. Create an account with Pinterest and engage the community of people searching for your products with beautiful images of your product. The Pinterest community is very active and they respond to interesting pins which can help you sell more of your product.
2. Build Your Brand With Facebook Page and Groups
Facebook pages and groups give you the opportunity to build your brand and show your expertise. Join various interest groups and help people looking for solution to answer their questions. Educate your followers through Facebook group, your profile page and your Fan page. This is a good way to build a brand and get people to trust you. Through this method, you will become an authority and have an opportunity to make more sales of your product as people will see you as credible.
3. Create An Online Instagram Shop
You can easily start making money with Instagram if you think you have product that will be very attractive to the Instagram users. Instagram allows you to easily set up your shop for free by connecting your account to the service inSelly.
4. Earn From Your YouTube Channel
You can become the next YouTube phenomenon just like Grace Helbig who earns a 5 figure income just from YouTube alone. YouTube allows you to upload videos and monetize them using Google adsense. You can use YouTube to post videos of reviews of your products and make more money from increased sales that will arise from more visibility.
5. Promote Your Products With Facebook and Twitter Ads
Facebook and Twitter are the world’s two most popular social media platforms. This implies that more than one third of the entire social media users use these two. Fortunately they allow you to promote your products and bring in more customers spending only a few dollars per day. You can increase the sales of your product with just $5 spending on Facebook that could bring in return of more than $100.
7. Become A Social Media Manager
Some companies and small business owners like promoting their product using social media. However, they don’t have the manpower or time to do it so they are constantly looking for someone to handle their social media presence. You can find such opportunities by searching for “social media” on job boards. It is a very good way to make money online as a freelance social media manager.
8. Become Amazon Affiliate
Affiliate program allows you to earn money by promoting other people’s product and earn a commission when you make sales. You can sign up today as Amazon affiliate and make lot of money by using social media to promote your link. You can post on free groups or if you have small budget, you can run social media ads which is very effective in bring in new and potential customers.
9. Sell Rights To Your Photos
Are you a photographer? Do you have lots of beautiful and breath-taking photos? You can make money selling the right to your photos on small social media sites like Flickr. Flickr is a place people can connect and share and view photos.
10. Sell Social Media “likes” and “followers”
There are many people looking to get more “likes”, “fans”, and “followers” to their page. You can help these people to get more social proof and earn money doing it. Sites like like4like.org allow you to get more likes and followers for free. Sign up on sites like Fiverr.com and sell social media “likes” and “followers” and use sites like like4like.org to fulfill your orders.
Social media provides you an avenue to make lots of money online; however you need to put in an effort. Here are list of what you need to do in order to double your earnings with social media:
- Be authentic
- Follow your target market
- Build trust
- Engage your audience with quality products
- Build a vibrant and responsive community
- Give value to your audience
- Always have a plan
- Measure, analyze and respond
Apply the tips above to start earning income from social media today.